[TenTec] 40 meter net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 40 meter net
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:41:23 -0500
Tim,

There is a 40m Jupiter / Pegasus net at 2300Z Sunday afternoon / evening on
7.288 although with the contesters, AMers and SW Broadcasters, copy can be
rough at times.

Why couldn't you hear the net on the Argonaut V? Was it interference or was
the signal just too weak?

I would have thought that the Argonaut V was a better receiver.  The 320
does have a notch filter and a noise blanker, while the Argo only has a
noise reduction feature. Where you using the 320 notch or noise blanker?
Did you verify that the Argo's RF Atten was off?

FWIW, I was driving home during the 20m net and couldn't find it (didn't
remember the frequency, except I knew it was 14.300 - 14.350) through all
the contest QRM on my mobile FT100D.

73,
Mark