[TenTec] Digital mode portable

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Digital mode portable
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:20:26 -0500
I would like to operate some of the digital modes when I operate
portable with my Scout. I have a Kantronics "KAM", but no notebook
computer. Is there a lower cost, smaller alternative to a notebook PC?
For use with the KAM, I only need a dumb terminal, though it would be
nice to find a device sophisticated enough to run PSK-31.

Once I saw a computer that was smaller than a notebook PC. It was made
by Casio and was called a "Cassiopeia". I understand that it is no
longer made (the current Cassiopeia is a palm device).

Anyone know anything about the small Windows CE machines?

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF