[TenTec] Net; Delta II questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Net; Delta II questions
From: ku4qd@earthlink.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:06:52 -0500
Hi, everyone,

I tried to check into the net on Sunday but apparantly some interfence that
Mike was experiencing was louder than I was.    I still only have a 40m
dipole which I use with a tuner on 20.  It works pretty well east/west, but
not so well southwest or so it would seem.  Oh well...

Anyway, here are the questions I would have asked...

My 936 power supply shuts itself off when I try and run the Delta II at full
power.  I can get close to 100W, but not quite there.  Is this normal or my
supply/radio?  Was the 936 really a bit light for the Delta II?

I have C. SET on my display to the right of the TX or RX indicator.   It never
goes off.  I see nothing about this in the manual.  What does it mean?  I
thought maybe it might have to do with setting the clock, but it doesn't.

Other than these two things the radio seems to work perfectly.  I made several
contacts on 20m and 40m.  I still love the way I am able to isolate a single
signal on a crowded 20m band or eliminate a broadcaster on 40m with the Jones
filter/PBT/notch combo.  I see one of these rigs went for $395 on the list.
Somebody got a bargain :)

Anyway, I appreciate any info on the stuff above.

73,
Caity
KU4QD