[TenTec] Omni V audio mod

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V audio mod
From: Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com (Gary Hoffman)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:52:04 -0500
I'm almost afraid to answer this one....  :)

I don't know the details of the mod itself, so someone else will
have to answer you there.

But, as for the DX properties vs the Audio properties... it is my
experience that these are in direct opposition to each other.

Narrow filters are absolutely essential to pull the weak ones out of
the noise, especially when the bands are going wild with activity.

Wide filters will deliver slightly better audio, given a time when the bands
are
quiet.

IMHO the small audio gain is nowhere near worth the loss in performance.
And I also feel (just my opinion) that we ought to keep our signals narrow,
avoid congestion and mutual interference.

Your mileage may vary.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ