[TenTec] Elmer needed - NW Phx, AZ area

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Elmer needed - NW Phx, AZ area
From: csegar@mindspring.com (Cliff)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:39:39 -0500
I love ham radio - and hams. My request for an Elmer was met by several
wonderful TenTec lovers; N4XY, W1GOR & K5JS. John, K5JS, lives within a
couple miles of my daughter and they have now made contact with each other.
I think it is going to be a good match. No - we're not telling her that
we're going to keep on her until she's at least General class - at least
not until after she passes the Tech license anyway!!!
There are two reasons I really needed I really needed someone within
driving distance. First, even phone communications is intermittent. She
just got a phone yesterday! (That makes the Internet - email & real time
chat - really difficult.) Second, she is going to need to see some of the
things on the test. Talking & reading about a resistor or current are one
thing. Seeing one and watching a meter make the words real. There is also a
third reason. I hope that an Elmer that is close can show Lisa more of the
wonderful world of amateur radio beyond an HTX-202 and repeaters.
So, on this Thanksgiving weekend, I would like to give thanks to those that
offered help - that were willing to give up part of their time with their
family or maybe even give up a bit of time with their new Argonaut or
rebuilt Century 21 to help 'birth' a new ham. I'm sure glad my brother
never gave up on me (even though it took about 30 years!)

73 to all es gud DX
KD4GT