[TenTec] Pegasus line out

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus line out
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:23:25 -0500
I use a Y adapter that takes a mini stereo jack and splits the two channels
to two sepeparate phono jacks. Be careful to check out the adapter as there
are also Y adapters that simply split one stereo jack into two stereo plugs.
I plug this into my soundcard line input. I then have a cable that has a
mini stereo plug on one end and phono plug on the other, which is connected
between tip and barrel, the ring is not connected. That plugs into the line
out of the Pegasus and lets me put the Pegasus audio on whichever channel
(left or right) I choose. I also have an RX340 and I take the line out from
it (from a DB25 connector) and run it through a pot (the level is higher
than from the Pegasus) and to the other channel input on soundcard. I use
the Spectrogram software in stereo mode to analyze the input and that lets
me sync the frequencies on the Pegasus and the RX340. For digital operation,
I use the computer volume control balance adjustment to select one channel
or the other depending on whether I'm using the RX340 or the Pegasus as the
receiver.

Mark