[TenTec] Model 229 Antenna tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 229 Antenna tuner
From: N4NT@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:48:25 -0500
My 229B is the same thing but has an internal balun.  Circuit wise it is the
same as the newer model 238 but in a different case.  It can handle the
legal limit and will tune anything from 160-10 meters.  But I've never used
mine so can't tell you about the procedure.  There is a multi-position
switch on it that serves some function in the matching.  I think the way to
do it is to try tuning with the switch in one position.  If that doesn't
bring the SWR down sufficiently, then change the switch position.  Some
antennas need additional capacitance and Ten-Tec will supply it (probably
free).  They are always a good source for their manuals -- reasonably
priced.

That is a really good tuner!

73, Mike N4NT