[TenTec] Inconsistant RF output from Omni 6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inconsistant RF output from Omni 6+
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben K8DIT)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:39:22 -0800
Hi Mike, No, its not representative of all O6(+) radios. You might check for
a loose or misfitted molex somewhere in the radio. Or check your power
supply connection. Problems like this either persist or go away with the
correct thing being done. Dont despair, your rig is probably ok.
I have the O6/opt 1 with the 962 supply and I remember having to place the
supply in a different spot than I had chosen because rf got into the supply.
This can happen and will also play havoc with p.o., so that's another ez
check. Simply move the supply to another spot either on the other side or
level away from the radio. Other brands of radios seem not to be as
particular about this sort of thing, but have also been known to be
problematic. Once you've got your Ten Tec situated in a favorable demeanor,
you will find it a marvelous example of ergonomic and performance delights
that make hams happy the wide world. Impatient hams have been known to sour
quickly over percieved anomolies. So persist and reap the rewards.