[TenTec] Omni V Audio Out Jack?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Audio Out Jack?
From: Rick.Williams@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:51:45 -0800
I am playing with the SSB receive audio on my Omni V and looked at the rear
panel and noticed the "Audio Out" jack.  This looks like a reasonable
location to get line-level signals and take them off to other devices like a
stereo amplifier and some decent speakers.

Well when I hooked it up in this manner it worked as expected.  However,
when I transmitted the audio out signal did not completely mute.  There was
some quite noticeable "white noise" that was still present as soon as the
mic was keyed (without any input to the mic)?

I've looked at the IF/AF schematic and I'm not sure why this is happening
and short of adding a relay how to resolve it?

Assistance appreciated.

73,
Rick
VE7ASR