[TenTec] Crude But Effective

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Crude But Effective
From: janed@burgoyne.com (Ed and Janet)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:33:21 -0700
Here is how I cool my rigs.=20

Parts:

2 each 3 1/4 inch square fans, swap market, 2 bucks each, 12 volt.

1 threaded rod from Home Depot, size 10-24.

6 10-24 nuts, small washers.

4 each 1 inch washers, outside diamater with small hole to fit rod.

2 each wing nuts, 10-24.4 each rubber washers same size as big washeres, =
Home made.

I cut the rod about 11 inches long for the xcver. I drilled one of the =
corner holes out so the rod would go through the fans. I put a nut and =
washer on both sides of the fan and tightened but just snugg. I used the =
big washers on both sides of the heat sink on rig with rubber washers =
against sink so no marking and ran the rod through the top grove of the =
sink. I used some heat shrink on the rod which goes through the sink so =
no scratching. Tighten the wing nut to hold the unit on the sink between =
those large padded washers. This puts the fans away from the sink maybe =
four inches or more and it blows the air through the sink. I do the same =
on the power supply, that fan is horizontal blowing down through the =
supply sink. I put both fans in series as to slow them down and you get =
plenty of air with very little noise. The sinks would get very hot at =
qrq cw but now just warm. Sorry for such a long book.

Ed K7UC=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---