[TenTec] Orion----Why it is so late in coming!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion----Why it is so late in coming!
From: CAlderma@ora.fda.gov (Alderman, Chester)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:02:07 -0500
I'm sure your comments are flame bait, and I'm falling for it.

My Omni 6 was delivered to me in '92, has probably close to 20,000 of
operating time on it, and has only hiccupped three times that it's operator
made it do so.

Last year I ordered a brand new Icom IC-781 (an OLD radio). The first TWO
delivered to me were dead on arrival and was confirmed by Icom that they
were defective, would not even turn on. The third one lasted one complete
week before the receiver died. The fourth $7k buck IC-781's receiver died
after 30 days, was repaired, and operated good every since then.

I hope you continue to purchase non-TenTec rigs so I can continue to hear
weak DX signals that you can't and beat your score in any contest we both
enter.

Have a good day!

Tom/W4BQF