[TenTec] A/B testing of radios

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A/B testing of radios
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:26:40 EST
Well, I have owned most of the TOL rigs on the market, and have tried most of
the rest in the rig shootouts we hold periodically. The shootouts are held on
a contest weekend, the rigs are set up side by side and adjusted as closely
as possible to each other, and the antennas are switched when a difficult to
copy signal is found.

Result;  Ten Tec's Omni VI+ and the two "option 3's" I own will run rings
around most of the competition and pull signals out of the mud  the other's
can't begin to copy. Period.

That's why I have been after Dollywood to build a dual recieve radio for
years. Because that's the only thing the VI+ lacks compared to the 781,
FT1000D, and the many other rigs that have come and gone.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E