[TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner
From: WmLB@attbi.com (WmLB@attbi.com)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:35:18 -0800
I bought the subject tuner Saturday for use with my Jupiter.

It has been acting a bit "squirrely" I guess. It tunes for a good SWR on
low power  but that SWR seems to increase as output is increased.  In most
cases I can touch up the SWR (under higher power) using one or both of the
Cap and Ind. Up/ Down switches. These increase or decrease those two
elements in incremental amounts (fine tuning  I guess you would call it.)

I called LDG today and was left with two thoughts:

1.  I should not try to reduce the SWR at power levels any greater then 25
watts or so.

2.  He mentioned that there has been some reported "problems"
(un-specified) with the tuner working properly with Ten-Tec rigs. Part of
it apparently related to the fact that the TT rigs do not "fold -back"  at
higher SWRs.

I am sort of inclined to return this tuner, but thought I would ask here
and see if there is any "real world" knowledge on the compatibility (or
lack thereof)  between these two pieces of equipment.  I know Ten-Tec was
marketed a internal version of the AT-11 in kit form for use in the
Jupiter. I guess that made me assume that the external version would also
insure a large degree of compatibility.

Any comments would be appreciated..  I subscribe to the digest so, if you
have timely comments that you think are significant in helping me decide
what to do.. please email me direct.

Thanks..

Bill, W6WLB