[TenTec] Pegasus power plug??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus power plug??
From: denton@oregontrail.net (denton)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:24:04 -0800
Ok...did a little surgery on the Pegasus this morning....I unsoldered the
originial connector and soldered in a much beefier dc plus power line to the
power pc board....had to disassimble the back of the rig to lift out the dc
power board...I will procure a much heafter molex plug next week and install
it in the dc line. The negative side is connected to the chassis.
Initial testing indicates voltage drop inside the chassis at the pc power
board is a bit less than the originial setup, plus the new line is running
cool on full bore out to a dummy load.
Also wattage out is abt 10-15 more on the upper bands, due to less voltage
drop feeding the finals.
I have also looked at the power relay and its contacts seem to be hefty
enough.
Hope this helps someone..wonder what the new Orion has for a dc connector?