[TenTec] Jupiter Noise Blanker curiosity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Noise Blanker curiosity
From: mnewell1@austin.rr.com (Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:22:07 -0600
I always leave the noise blanker in my Jupiter ON,
at a level of 7.

For the past two or three days I've had some sort
of man made noise that's been S9 or better on=20
almost all bands.

I pressed the MENU button on the Jupiter, and scrolled
down through the selections using the main tuning
knob. As soon as I scrolled down to the NOISE BLANKER
menu item, the noise went away. The NB was already
set to ON and the NB SELECTION was already set to
7.

So I used the MULTI knob to turn the NB off, and the noise
came right back. Set NB to ON, and the noise went away. So
when the NB is truly on, it kills the noise 100%, which is
great.

So it appears that even though according to the menu
the NB was on, it wasn't really activated until I highlighted
it with the main tuning knob.

Weird.

Has anyone else had this happen?

73,