[TenTec] Black Centurion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Black Centurion
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:04:29 +0000
Here we go again :)
Here's an expensive color:  Chrome!
Actually if you want to be really traditional in a Ten Tec sense, you'll
want all their gear to be in those ivory colored boxes with the fake wood on
the sides.

For a reason that escapes me, a lot of hams must want to have everything in
their shacks look the same (boring!).  If 75% of the major rig manufacturers
are making all black, then it is an economic fact of life that the other 25%
has to go black too, because hams are apparently anal about this.  In my
shack and elsewhere I have an interesting mix of grey, black, charcoal,
brushed steel, blue and chrome.  If this were my only problem I'd be
delighted.

Ironically I understand that in the fashion world, the phrase du jour is
that gray is the new black!  (ugh)

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com

P.S. Thanx for posting the pix--I was wondering what the black Centurion
would look like.  I'm glad they kept the recessed lower front panel.  It's a
very convenient place to grab hold of when picking it up.

To the fellow who asked about using a barn roof for a counterpoise it might
work very well but if I were you I would send that question to
towertalk@contesting.com because you will probably get more answers.