Fw: [TenTec] Perspective on Collins R390A

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] Perspective on Collins R390A
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu Jan 23 18:25:39 2003

 Mike,

 It has been a long time, but I believe I put a product detector mod on
mine.
There were many published circuits around at the time for doing this mod.

 One thing I wanted to add was frequency accuracy.  If the R390A was
perfectly calibrated you could read vernier scale on the right hand side of
the digital turns counter to about 200 hertz accuracy.  This was the
absolute best you could hope for.  The RX340 reads to 1 hertz and in good
calibration is probably always within 3 to 5 hertz accuracy.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC