[TenTec] Perspective on Collins R390A

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Perspective on Collins R390A
From: mark.rauchfuss@worldnet.att.net (Mark Rauchfuss)
Date: Thu Jan 23 20:37:30 2003

You didn't have to follow this procedure with AF & RF gain manipulation.
All one needed to do was use the BFO and "sweep" or rotate it to the
optimum position. You didn't have to fiddle with the AF Gain or RF gain
unless you were attempting to adjust the volume or received signal
strength (gain), respectively. The Hammarlund SP-600 JX-37 is exactly
the same as is the 51J-3 (R-388), 51J-4 (civilian version of the R-390,
but with crystal band pass filters) and many other receivers of the era.

Mark,
KB8GKZ