[TenTec] Be Careful Updating

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Be Careful Updating
From: no4d@charter.net (Ken Kirkley)
Date: Sun Jan 26 20:44:06 2003
Just a note to remind each of you to be careful when updating your TenTec
radios. I was updating my Argonaut V yesterday when I absend-mindedly left the
serial cable connected to the Jupiter. Just as I told the computer to begin the
process I realized what I had done...): ugh

Sorry to say my Jupiter is now dead in the water. It dosen't know what to do
with the Argonaut V code. I talked to Paul at TenTec after trying what I could.
Bottom line...I have to ship back for them to unscramble its brain. I goofed by
not being sure that the serial cable was connected to the right rig.

I have asked Scott/Stan to look into possilbly having the updating software to
query the radio before starting the process to be sure that the right code is
going to the right rig. Not sure if this is possible, but thought I would at
least ask.

PLEASE be sure you have the right rig connected before updating, or you may be
shipping back to TenTec.

Ken/NO4D