[TenTec] Argonaut V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: n4py@qvssoftware.com (N4PY)
Date: Wed Jan 29 16:10:14 2003
Years ago, when the Heathkit HW-8 was popular, I had one of these rigs
running mobile in my car.  I had a home made 6 foot whip antenna on my car
and had it tuned to resonate on 15 meters.  Very often driving to work, I
would work a European on 21 mhz CW with the 2 watts from the HW-8 and a real
lousy mobile antenna.  I never cease to be amazed at how little power it
actually takes to make a contacts if the band is quiet.

And by the way, 20 watts is only about 1 S unit below 100 watts.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY