[TenTec] Corsair II and Pro II keying

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II and Pro II keying
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu Jan 30 14:23:13 2003
Hi Tim,  you wrote,  in part:

> Well, after much indecision and wavering back and forth
> (driving a few sellers nuts in the process), I have a Corsair II
> and a 263G on its way to me.

Good that you were able to obtain the pair together!

>   I wonder if I should use the Logikey with both rigs or stay
> with the Corsair's internal keyer while making the comparison?

For your comparison experiments,  I would suggest that you use
the external keyer for both rigs.  Also,  turn the Corsair II side
tone down as much as you can (thumbwheels on the bottom of
the rig case for volume and pitch of the sidetone).  The Corsair
sidetone is a sawtooth waveform,  and sounds,  at least to me,
more like a buzz saw than a tone,  hi.  So I use the tone from
my AEA Morse Machine instead when I key.  I presume your
keyer also genertes a sine wave sidetone,  which is more
pleasing,  at least for me,  to listen to,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M