[TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF
From: calderman@cox.net (Chester)
Date: Sun Feb 2 21:56:35 2003
The listing of optional filters for the 9MHz and the 6MHz IF for the
Omni 6 and the Omni 6+ is listed at www.tentec.com .

Forget the 15kc filter. That is a non-changeable monolithic filter that
sets the pre-9MHz IF bandwidth for FM.

The Omni 6 has five filter selection buttons. The first three, left to
right, are for selecting the filters you install in the 6MHz IF. The
second two buttons are for selecting the filters in the 9MHz IF.

To select a filter, you push it's button to turn it ON, you push it's
button again to turn it OFF. They are back lighted so you will know
which one you have selected. You can turn on one or all of them at the
same time.

In the Omni 6 Upgrade 3 9MHz IF, there is a 'fixed' 2.4kc (factory
furnished) filter, or you can buy from Inrad, a replacement 2.8kc
filter, your choice. You MUST have a minimum of 2.4kc filter in this
slot because it is part of the transmit chain. Then there are two more
slots for you to buy optional filters for the 9MHz IF. These two slots
are optional bandwidth's of your choice. On the Passband Tuning Board
(PBT),or the 6MHz IF, you have a standard 2.4kc filter and three
additional optional filter slots. The standard filter is not switchable,
but all of the three optional filter slots are switchable. You buy the
optional filter bandwidths of your choice.

To know what filter your selecting, you must remember where you put each
filter...or you can label the switches yourself.

Tom/W4BQF

Chester Alderman
calderman@cox.net