[TenTec] Help this is a real question and not Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Help this is a real question and not Orion
From: jessystems@cablespeed.com (Pete Juliano)
Date: Tue Feb 4 20:39:23 2003
Hi Ten Tec Users,

Anyone out there have a schematic and voltage chart for the Model 252 power
supply. I just received one and the bad news is that it is putting out 23
volts. The good news is I was fortunate enough to bench test it without a
radio attached. That sure would have smoked the Triton IV.

I suspect the pass transistor may be gone along with possibly parts in the
regulator board. Anyone have any "poop" on what are the most common failures
for this supply and what to look for (at). I tried tracing the wiring. There
is a pot on the regulator board and moving that pot doesn't seem to change
any values on the board or impact the output -- still 23 volts.

Thanks & 73's

Pete W6JFR

I will take my answer direct -- although answers on the reflector would be a
change form the traffic on the Orion.