[TenTec] Argo V--first impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V--first impressions
From: ke4vpn@carolina.rr.com (Ronald Davis)
Date: Sat Feb 8 22:45:52 2003
John
I received my Argo V with TCXO on Friday and I have been playing around with
it also. I am really impressed with first impressions. It truly amazes me
what the filter does down at 200 hz on cw, it really does a good job on 40
meters at night. The SSB receive also sounds wonderful, kind of like a tube
rig. I have not run it through all the paces yet, but I am running N4PY's
software with it, and it makes the rig that much nicer. Having all the
memories and options a mouse click away just makes the rig more fun. My main
rig is a newly acquired Corsair II, and I am very happy with it, but the
Argo V may turn out to be the main rig? I run QRP CW almost entirely and the
Argo V does that very nicely. The AM SWL broadcasts are very good on the rig
also, it sounds very good, and with the software, you can store as many SWL
stations as you feel like typing in. I do miss RF control on it, but right
now it does not seem to be a problem. I think Ten Tec has done a good job
with this rig, and I do appreciate them for keeping on supporting the QRP
crowd.
73
Ronnie
KE4VPN "A wanna-be CW operator"