[TenTec] Will W5YR be back?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Will W5YR be back?
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Tue Feb 11 11:18:14 2003
No doubt he has wealth of knowledge and is very
interesting fellow to debate with, I have done just
that several times in the past, - both on and off this
list. It's his propensity to put a pro Icom spin on
almost everything while subtly (and sometimes not so
subtly) criticizing TT as a company and its radios in
general that raises the ire of many on this list. And
also a tendency to frequently state things as fact
when they are in reality just subjective
speculation/opinion rankles many list readers as well.
Regardless there was no place for the outright
personal attacking flames that there were, that's
simply uncalled for, and degrades everybody.

I personally found many of his posts to be a fun
challenge to pick apart and debate on point by point
basis; - they literally begged to be challenged. Too
bad the "Public Opinion" thread stopped when it did, I
had just finished a rather lengthy treatise of its
many points myself when George realized his "private"
response - wasn't. It's complete with a wealth of my
own spin and FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt)
regarding the JA companies :-).

Bottom line is this is a "discussion board" and things
are meant to be open for discussion and debate, it may
even get rather heated at times, but it should always
remain civil regardless of what anyone says.

Duane
N9DG