[TenTec] filters for digital modes and qrp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] filters for digital modes and qrp
From: johnclif@ix.netcom.com (John Clifford)
Date: Wed Feb 12 16:45:21 2003
What radio are you using?

With my Omni VI/Opt1 I use the 9 Mhz 500 Hz RTTY filter for PSK31 and find I
get great results with it.  I've written a macro in MixW that centers that
signal in the filter passband and then selects the narrow filter.  It's
great when I find a very weak trace on the screen that is being hidden by
stronger signals... the formerly weak signal suddenly becomes very
decodable.

I have tried the other filters, and have found the 6 Mhz 250 Hz filter to be
of use as well, and have another macro set up for it.  But, I find that I
can combine passband tuning with the 9 Mhz narrow filter and pretty much get
rid of any interfering signal.

Hope this helps,

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net