[TenTec] Jupiter Noise Reduction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Noise Reduction
From: wmlb@attbi.com (Bill Brannick)
Date: Fri Feb 14 14:09:25 2003
I have like everyone else, been experiencing more and more QRN on the bands
as the current cycle "slides down the hill"  I have found that the noise
reduction (NR button) to be very effective on the random atmospheric noise.

Something  I have not played with at all is the "Noise Blanker" which is
enabled from the menu. My assumption is that the noise blanker is intended
to combat man made stuff, like ignition noise, power line noise, etc. I am
thinking that the Noise Reduction (DSP) function and the noise blanker
function  are NOT related. Is this correct?  Also has anyone figured out
the differences between the 8 different values that you can set the noise
blanker for.. ? Maybe has to do with the pulse length of the noise????

Bill