[TenTec] Mail Replies - What Happened?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mail Replies - What Happened?
From: w8au@sssnet.com (w8au@sssnet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 14:13:19 2003
It's interesting to see the "making of mountains out of molehills."

I, for one, am just grateful to be a part of this list.   If something
changes, I adapt.   I am not too old to learn new things, and
really,  this reply thing is not new.   I am on other lists that do
likewise.

If a dog or monkey can be trained to respond to a certain
stimulus in a very short time, why can't we of greater intelligence
pick these things up even faster?

I don't have any claim to great intellect, but it took me only
one time to notice that my message was not going to a
single recipient....      OK,  now I know this....  I will adapt!

Makes me think of many years ago when I was getting
used to using a keyer.   If I didn't input the proper timing
sequence in the back 'n' forth movement of the paddle, I got
errors.  I resigned myself to the fact that the keyer "logic"
wanted me to "adapt" to it's simple regimen....    I may have
been frustrated...... but I adapted..... and all is well!

No argument, no complaining...  I make it a habit to check
the TO:  line....    Nice habit..... nice list...

Likewise, Mother Nature has given us in NE OH a continuous
"white winter" since November.... highly unusual and we
have not been used to it.   Complain and stay inside and
off the roads?   Nah....  hey, where is my old sled?    I think
I can still handle DareDevil Hill... as long as I steer around the
trees!

Sorry for the verbiage...   Lighten up.... a little humility never
hurt anyone...

73,

Perry    w8au

(OK, now you can start throwing the "snowballs" my way!)   :-)