[TenTec] Jupiter Curiosity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Curiosity
From: W5VPU@aol.com (W5VPU@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 17:12:15 2003
Unusual reception occurred last night.

I had to move my Jupiter for a brief time and had disconnected all cables.
When I replaced the Jupiter speaker and antenna coax, there was an unexpected
sound coming through the speaker before I could connect anything else.
Faintly through the speaker was a very, very soft sound of a local radio
station coming through. It was almost impossible to hear. Again, nothing was
connected to the Jupiter but the antenna coax and the TT speaker. Not even
the power supply. When I connected the ground the reception immediately
stopped.

Do you suppose this was a "crystal radio" effect through some of the diodes
in the circuit? Hadn't had this experience since I was in junior high, years
and years ago. I suppose if the 120 v. mains get knocked out we can all
disconnect our ground connections and get our news that way!     8-)

Any observations?

73   Raymond          W5VPU