[TenTec] Pegasus vs Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs Jupiter
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Tue Feb 18 18:17:39 2003
Rich,

The Pegasus and Jupiter are essentailly the same radio.  The only
significant thing the Jupiter has besides direct front panel control is over
current detection the final transistor circuit.  This causes the drive to
automatically reduce if the final current starts to exceed around 20 amps.
The pegasus does not have this extra protection for the finals.  The Jupiter
also has an external speaker jack in the back.  If you intend to always use
the radio with a computer, then get the pegasus.  I've had mine for 3 years
with no problems whatsoever.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC