[TenTec] Opinions on Model 307 speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Opinions on Model 307 speaker
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK)
Date: Wed Feb 19 17:32:02 2003
Hi Tim,
    I had some Motorola communications speakers and they were great for
mobile applications BUT not, based on my experiences, for use as you
propose.  If you do not want to spend the money for the model 307 I would
suggest the Radio Shack (RCA) -Catalog # 40-5024.  These have a 4" full
range speaker and have a small "footprint" as they are cubical and are 5" on
a side.  I did, however, get a model 307 for my Jupiter and liked it so much
that I ordered a second one to use with my Argonaut V until I get my Orion.
In other words - - - the 307 is a very good speaker.  Give one a try - you
have the 30 day trial period to make up your own mind.  I tend to think that
you will NOT be sending it back however.  73,  Bill

---