[TenTec] FS: Model 4229 (229) Tuner $225

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Model 4229 (229) Tuner $225
From: jkoppi@pclink.com (Joseph Koppi)
Date: Thu Feb 20 23:27:23 2003
I have for sale a Model 4229 antenna tuner for $225 plus shipping.  Sold my
amplifier, so I don't need the tuner.  This is the same as the Model 229,
but it was a kit way back when Ten-Tec sold tuner kits.  It's the same
modified L circuit TT has used in all of the 229 and 238 tuners.  This one
works well and includes a balun.  Cosmetically, it is scratched in spots,
the worst scratches being on the top and left rear.  The face plate is quite
clean and unmarred, but the front edge of the top cover does contain wear
marks where the paint has worn off.  The worst spot is on the left rear of
the top cover where the previous owner has taken a marking pen in an effort
to cover a scratch of about 1.25 inches.  Also on the left side of the top
cover there is a long (but not deep) scratch.

Now, having said all this, it is not as bad as it seems.  As the tuner faces
you, all you really see are the wear marks on the top edge described above,
and they are not overly obtrusive.  If you are uncomfortable with the
description, I will be happy to send you a few photos that try to show what
I'm trying to describe.

Tuner works as it should, no problems there.  I used it with coax-fed
antennas.  Sorry-I don't have a manual.

Let me know if you're interested.  Thanks and 73,

Joe Koppi, W0SU
St. Paul, MN 55118