[TenTec] Any experts on the MFJ 259B Antenna Analyzer out there?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Any experts on the MFJ 259B Antenna Analyzer out there?
From: Robert.W.Hosken@aero.org (Robert W Hosken)
Date: Fri Feb 21 17:17:00 2003
You can download a new manual from MFJ in pdf format.

Go to  http://www.mfjenterprises.com/manuals.php

73,
Bob Hosken
AK6X

                      "Stuart Rohre"

                      <rohre@arlut.utexa         To:      <qrp-l@Lehigh.EDU>,
<glowbugs@piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu>,
                      s.edu>                     <tentec@contesting.com>

                      Sent by:                   cc:

                      tentec-bounces@con         Subject: [TenTec] Any experts
on the MFJ 259B Antenna Analyzer out there?
                      testing.com

                      02/21/2003 01:36

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      tentec

Misplaced the 259B manual.  I know we will find it after asking this
question.

The 259B has a time out function, to save the batteries.   Is there a way to
defeat that automatic shutdown?  Like if you are running on the wall wart,
and do not have to worry about power?

I am sure it must be a control pin of the control microcomputer, and I may
have to find that and figure out a way to defeat the time out myself, but
figured there might be a multibutton push way to do so from the front panel.

I think my 269 which is not with me at the moment, does not time out as fast
as the 259B I was just using.

Any suggestions, directions, or experiences welcomed!
Thanks and 73,
Stuart K5KVH