[TenTec] Re: # 4 Argonaut V ARRL Review 3rd and 2nd IPs ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: # 4 Argonaut V ARRL Review 3rd and 2nd IPs ?
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue Mar 4 07:50:35 2003
About time for me to add my $0.02.

I always enjoy reading the test results produced by ARRL.  At the same time,
I realize that the ARRL test methods differ from those used by most of the
manufacturers.  As long as the ARRL uses a repetitive procedure to test
radio "A" and radio "B" and radio "C" and etc., the comparative value should
be good for comparing one radio to another.

One point to remember, manufacturer specs can be considered as "guaranteed"
thus should a product not meet specs (and it may be up to the buyer to
provide proof of such) the buyer may not be required to continue to be the
owner of the equipment.  As to the ARRL numbers, they are good for
comparative reasons.

I truly believe that certain members of the staff at ARRL are indeed degree
Engineers of the correct discipline for the technology they are dealing
with.  At the same time, most of the manufacturers do have staff with
greater knowledge and experience.

I believe that the reports of the ARRL should be used in the context to
which they are intended and that is comparative values.  The manufacturers
methods and values are guaranteed values.  They both sets of numbers will
most likely be correct but yet exhibit unique differences.

73
Bob, K4TAX