[TenTec] Precision in Frequency displays

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Precision in Frequency displays
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Tue Mar 4 19:57:49 2003
Stuart,

It's not the acuracy here by displaying to a 1 hertz value that's real
important.  It's the ability to adjust the frequency in 1 hertz increments.
I have a mode I call SAM for sync AM that is not really sync AM.  What it is
a LSB with a very wide filter centered on the carrier.  You can listen to an
AM station and zero beat the BFO to the carrier.  This requires the BFO to
be precisely zero beat with the AM carrier in order to be effective.  So, in
this case, the ability to adjust the BFO in 1 hertz increments is important.
I don't care if the display is really off 20 hertz, but it is nice to be
able to do a precision zero beat for this mode.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC