[TenTec] Titan 425 Mallory Filter cap failure

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 Mallory Filter cap failure
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 7 20:57:12 2003
Tom, I found the cap at a hamfest. Six bucks - and I will trade a jaybird for
a turkey if the turkey is fat. Although Surplus Sales of Nebraska has some
pretty good prices on caps also. Just not that good.

I found  leakage at the full 5 KV, it checks just about 2% low in capacity so
it's full of oil. I store it connectors down on a piece of white paper. If it
drips oil before I need it it will leave some evidence.

The four silicon alley caps are on a small piece of sheet aluminum against
the back of the cabinet. I bent and drilled a tab to snug up against the tab
that holds the filter board, and used a couple of #4/40 machine screws to
hold everything together. I used TV anode lead wire for interconnects, and it
all works very well.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E