[TenTec] Equinox Day

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Equinox Day
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Sun Mar 16 11:44:39 2003
My software assumes 2 degrees of refraction and uses the sun's upper limb
for sunrise and sunset.
This causes the center of the sun to actually be 2.25 degrees below the
horizon at sunrise and sunset.  Computing moon rise and moon set was much
more difficult because the moon is much more of a moving target.  I have
watched sunset many times and checked my results.  They always seem quite
good but I round everything off to the nearest minute.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC