[TenTec] Jupiter v. Omni VI (was Guidance and Insight)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter v. Omni VI (was Guidance and Insight)
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Thu Mar 20 08:56:09 2003
Hi All

I have owned over the last six years the Omni VI Plus, Pegasus and Jupiter.
I sold my Omni
VI Plus because I was using the Pegasus for most of my operating, I then
sold the Pegasus and bought the Jupiter.  It is my feeling that the
Pegasus/Jupiter will do most everything a normal ham wants to do.  I am not
a contester, and don't like chasing DX but I do like to rag chew with DX.
Don't get me wrong, the Omni VI Plus is the best transceiver made, I just
did not use it to the extent it was designed.  To sum up this I will say.

THE OMNI VI PLUS IS LIKE A GOOD WIFE, ALL BUSINESS---THE PEGASUS/JUPITER IS
LIKE A NEW GIRL FRIEND, ALL FUN.

Ken/w8keb
USAF Retired