[TenTec] OMNI 6+ TX Audio Whine

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ TX Audio Whine
From: k4nys@nc.rr.com (Chuck Wright)
Date: Sun Mar 30 08:38:28 2003
Good morning,
Have a Omni 6+ ... it is not a mod or upgrade.

I am having reports of a high pitched 'whine' on my
ssb TX, on all bands.  It is present on both USB and LSB,
with or without modulation.

Took the Omni 6+ apart and re-seated all the connectors
an all the boards.
Then noticed the whine dramatically increased when we held
a mic near the LED/Clock boards on the front panel.
The clock was SW disabled from the menu setup with no affect.

Also have nulled out the carrier.

This Omni 6+ has the VCXO.

Anyone have/know of this or similar condition, and a probable solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

73,
Chuck Wright - K4NYS
k4nys@arrl.net