[TenTec] Orion Comments (or the lack thereof)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Comments (or the lack thereof)
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 16:07:27 2003
> Hello Everyone,
>     I have not seen any postings about the Orion!  Does this mean that
>     I am not the only one "too busy" with an Orion to bother with the
>     computer?

Been playing with it all day.  Too busy for email.

Had it on AM this afternoon with some of the local AM group,
through the amp at max legal power.   Works really really well.  In
fact, tuneup is much simpler than most current radios.  Just tune the
amp for max power using TUNE or CW, and then change the mode
to AM.  The Orion automatically drops it's carrier output power to
provide the necessary head-room for the modulation envelope.
Reports were that the audio was great.

Of course, even an Orion can't really compete with a Globe King.
Doesn't generate enough heat :-)

Grant