[TenTec] HFRB & IRBs (was downloading updates)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] HFRB & IRBs (was downloading updates)
From: w4chl@mindspring.com (w4chl@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 14:07:53 2003
Dear TenTec list,

TT Pegasus or Jupiter), we too had that issue and elected to pull together
an HF Remote Base (HFRB) for the club:
http://rtpnet.org/parc/Station/HFRB

Now this is to allow us to eventually control from over the Internet, but
a simpler version works OK just from one part of a QTH to another, just
use WiFi cards (IEEE 802.11b or the emerging 802.11g cards).  In the
simple depiction shown here:
http://www.rtpnet.org/parc/Station/HFRB/TTPegIRB_files/TTPegIRB_gif_1.htm

we were able to use the N4PY code and code shipped with the TenTec rigs to
control from anywhere in the house.  Had to setup NetMeeting to work the
audio links.  We haven't packaged this, but KA3ODJ has and we are working
together on advancing remote base capabilities with TenTec rigs.  Stay
tuned. Check out:
http://ka3odj.servemp3.com/

Expect to more completely document and package the code we integrate with
the Pegasus at PARC over the spring and summer.

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL

Mark R. Smith  w4chl@arrl.org
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc