[TenTec] Omni C

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C
From: N4NT@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Mon Apr 7 22:49:53 2003
The Omni-C displays the actual receiver frequency.  To receive a signal on
7030 kHz, my display will read 7030.8 or so to give me an audio note for the
received signal.  The transmit frequency of a properly aligned Omni-C (on
CW) will differ from the received frequency readout by 750 Hz.  Thus, tuning
my receiver to 7030.8 as above will give me a transmitted frequency of about
7030 kHz.

On 14 MHz and above, the mixing scheme works backwards from that below 14
MHz.

If the above doesn't explain your transmit frequency's being off, set the
timebase - it's duck soup.  Just tune in WWV on 10.000 and set the timebase
until the display says 10.0000

73, Mike N4NT