[TenTec] Orion "Stock" Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion "Stock" Filters
From: wg6h@postoffice.pacbell.net (Bill Miner)
Date: Wed Apr 16 01:01:18 2003
Jim & Group,

Yes some of the stock roofing filters are four pole. I believe there are
some six pole filters as well.  I'm NOT going to open my ORION again to
check to be sure.

You can either select a fixed roofing filter in MENUS or just let the
radio select the correct filter to match the DSP bandwidth
automatically.  The two narrow filter positions have a center frequency
adjustment so that all filters can be centered in the bandpass all the
way to to the 100 hz DSP filter setting.

While in "auto" there is no significant change in signal level from  any
of the filter positions even though each roofing filter probably has a
different insertion loss.  There is also no noticeable filter ringing
even at 100 hz BW.  In short, you can have HiFi AM/SSB  or super sharp
selectivity for CW and digital modes and everything in between. The
system works very well.

73,
Bill - K6WLM