[TenTec] Centaur w/572B's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur w/572B's
From: w7kxb@cox.net (KXBill)
Date: Thu Apr 17 12:56:35 2003
Hello Tim:
     The 572 was designed for a higher plate voltage, aprox 2000/2200
VDC,  as I remember.  The 811 was designed for aprox 1600 VDC.  572's
operating on a lower plate voltage such as 1600vdc will be at a
disadvantage due to improper bias and possibly not as linear as the
811's. IMHO, for the maximum bang for your buck, I would use NOS RCA
811's.  My 30L1 does a better job using what it was designed for vs.
using the 572's. Gives me 675w out and the plates show no color.
Thought I would throw in my  ten cent's for what it's worth.
Good luck....and have fun
Cheers
Bill Harris