[TenTec] Pegasus: No Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus: No Output
From: jeff@ke9v.com (jeff@ke9v.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 07:10:10 2003
Mark,

The receiver does work just fine, on all bands. S-meter works too. All
functions of the remote tuning pod and external keying paddles works.

The ALC light never does come on. When switching to transmit, the
green RX light goes off and the red TX light comes on. The receiver
mutes and I hear the (CW) sidetone. The software also switches to
"red" when in transmit.

I have tried the original TenTec software and the N4PY software. The
PC is a P3-866 running WinXP.

I have tried turning the keying loop on and off as well as the
transmit enable with no luck.

I am using a 35amp Astron metered power supply. 13.8vdc measured. When
switching from receive to transmit I see no change in power supply
current. I connected the power supply to another rig (VHF/UHF) just to
make sure there was no problem with the supply, and that worked fine.

With the rig connected to a wattmeter and dummy load there is zero (as
low as I can detect) output. The RF output on the Pegasus interface
software says 100W when the power slider is all the way up, however,
on the FWD meter selection in the software "0" is indicated.

All of this tells me that there is a problem with the Peg, however, it
just seems very strange that this is the 2nd straight unit from the
factory with the exact same problem.

Thanks es 73,

Jeff, Ke9v