[TenTec] Re: Question about Jupiter/Argonaut v. 746 Pro

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Question about Jupiter/Argonaut v. 746 Pro
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue Apr 29 20:01:42 2003

To the fellow who asked for advice on comparing the Jupiter and Argonaut to
the 746 Pro:  One thing I would do is look at the specs for the TT rigs on
the TT website.  Then I would go to the ARRL website and look at the product
reviews for the three rigs, and the rig comparison chart they have on their
website.  (Since I have never looked at the ICOM website, I don't know
what's there but in fairness I must say it probably won't hurt to look at it
too, hi).  If you go to the Elecraft website, (www.elecraft.com) you will
find another rig comparison chart (for receiving) which won't help you
because it does not include the 746 Pro, BUT it has some explanations for
what some of the specs mean.
For the ARRL data, you have to be a member to get access to that part of
their website so if you aren't one already this is a good reason to pony up
the $39(?) to join--IMO the online product review archive pays for the
membership dues by itself.  On a side note, you will also find there an
article from the Oct. QST last year abt. the superior dx receive performance
of the Elecraft K2, the Omni VI+, and a modified Drake R4C compared to the
multiple mixered JA rigs (but don't let me uh, influence you inadvertently).

GL, & 73

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com

Re DSP, tnx to everyone for the information abt. the Omni DSP etc.  I never
thought to try an outboard DSP on the Corsair--great idea.