[TenTec] Hello Orion Users

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hello Orion Users
From: W3GQJ@attbi.com (John T. Fleming)
Date: Mon May 5 23:34:05 2003
Tom,

Isn't here also a 10 KHz antenna system in the upper peninsula of Michigan?
I seem to remember reading about it being built years ago.

73,
John

PS  As a kid years ago when I had an SX-99 receiver, I had door bell wire
running around my bedroom and hooked to the external speaker connection.  I
had a set of high impedance headphones and a coil of wire that fit on my
head like a halo.  I think it was maybe #21 wire.  I forget how many turns
there were, but it was about a quarter inch of coil after I wrapped it with
electrical tape.  I could then listen to the radio while I cut the grass in
the back yard.  Is that RF or AF?  I assume it was RF since AF is usually
related to moving the air for the ear to hear.  Fuel for the fire. :-)