[TenTec] Orion Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Question
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 13 17:17:27 2003
My new Orion is scheduled to be delivered Friday, May 16th.  I've
downloaded the operating manual and cannot find anything specific in it
about supplying a continuous transmitter output, needed for tuning up a
linear amplifier.

It appears that one way would be to put the radio in the CW mode, then
turn off the internal keyer (straight key mode), and then push my paddle
to the dit side.  This seems to me to be a rather unwieldy way to
accomplish amp tuning.

If the radio is in the CW mode, will simply activating the PTT switch on
the microphone accomplish the desired result?

73, de Earl, K6SE