[TenTec] IC-7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] IC-7800
From: W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com (W1GOR)
Date: Sat May 17 11:19:54 2003
To paraphrase Jack Nicolson as Colonel Jessup..."some people CAN'T HANDLE
THE TRUTH...!"

Wake up people, an easy-to-use, non-confusing interface will eventually win
out over higher, but difficult-to-use technology.  If the learning curve is
steep and bumpy, some of the finest features available in the Orion will not
be properly used.  A color display with clear, clean fonts, will provide a
more efficient interface between the operator and the system.  The more
bells and whistles available, the greater the need for an intuitive
interface.  This issue has come up in avionics time and time again... Some
of the finest, but hard-to-use communications and navigation systems were
the cause of many pilot errors, albeit not necessarily ending in tragedy,
but seriously increasing the pilot's PUCKER FACTOR...

73, Larry - W1GOR