[TenTec] Re: [TenTec_Orion] Re: IC-7800 Product Literature

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TenTec_Orion] Re: IC-7800 Product Literature
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sat May 17 20:35:59 2003
Thanks for this reference, Paul, which I unfortunately received and read
after posting my previous response to you.

Despite Mr. Inoue's statement of over two years ago that no new Icom
products would use analog crystal or mechanical filters, it does appear that
the 7800 reduces the roofing filter bandwidth to 6 kHz for all but FM
operation.

Mea culpa for passing along incorrect information, if indeed the 6 kHz
filter is crystal or mechanical. The PROs use ceramic filters for roofing
due to their lower insertion loss and lower distortion. Perhaps, the 7800
does also.

Interesting report - thanks again for pointing it out.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"
<mailto:w5yr@att.net>